At some point, we all get wrinkles. Some may develop them at a younger age, and others older, depending on a range of factors like sun exposure and genetics. With a multitude of anti-aging products on the market that all claim to prevent and reverse unsightly lines on the face, it can be hard to know which one actually works.
In this article we’ll help you understand exactly what wrinkles are and give you some helpful tips on reducing their appearance.
What are forehead wrinkles?
The forehead is one of the many places that wrinkles can form. The most noticeable forehead wrinkles are typically horizontal, with these lines becoming deeper with time. These wrinkles are quite common, with most people developing them at some point. Different factors can lead to a person forming them, such as age, smoking habits and increased exposure to sunlight.
Forehead wrinkles tend to form when the skin becomes less elastic. The production of natural oil decreases, which makes the skin dry and appear wrinkled. Not to mention, the thin layer of fat on the forehead also starts to diminish, and as a result, there are more noticeable lines.
There are two main types of wrinkles:
- Dynamic wrinkles: These wrinkles show up when you move your face. Smiling, squinting and raising your eyebrows will cause them to appear. When you revert your face to its normal position, dynamic wrinkles will fade.
- Static wrinkles: Unlike their counterparts, static wrinkles remain on your face constantly regardless of muscle movement. As mentioned, these wrinkles are most often caused by genetic and environmental factors.
Can you reverse wrinkles?
Although wrinkles are a normal part of life, not everybody likes having them. What most people want to know is whetherwrinkles are reversible. The answer is yes and no; wrinkles aren’t technically reversible, but they are treatable. A common way to treat these creases is to use products that add moisture to your skin. Dehydration can lead to cell damage, which can cause lines on the face. Hydrating products can help remove dead skin cells to reveal healthier skin.
Here are some other common ways to reverse the appearance of wrinkles:
- Wrinkle creams:Some wrinkle creams can also reduce creases. They contain retinoids, which help repair sun-damaged skin. Wrinkle creams and also act as an exfoliant and help your skin absorb other facial products.
- Botox:Botox and other injectable fillers are popular options for people who want to minimize forehead lines. They fill in space beneath the skin and plump out wrinkles. Botox can be effective for smaller wrinkles, but for deep-set lines, fillers are often recommended.
- Micro-needling:For deeper lines, you can opt for a treatment known as micro-needling. It reaches below the skin and encourages the production of collagen. This process can be an effective way to make your wrinkles less noticeable.
Another way to boost collagen is by giving your skin the nourishment it needs. Vitamin C can protect the skin from sun damage, so try to consume foods with more vitamin C.
How to prevent forehead wrinkles and the best age to start
The best treatment for wrinkles is prevention, and you can fight against forehead lines and other wrinkles from occurring with some simple lifestyle changes. Typically, the skin starts to age when a person reaches their 20s. Experts recommend people start taking anti-aging seriously in their 20s or 30s.
- Sun protection: Since prolonged exposure to UV radiation damages the skin, you will want to use sunscreen regularly. The best type of sunscreen will have an SPF of 30 to 50. Even if it is not sunny outside, it’s recommended that you still wear sunscreen.
- Moisturize: It is important to moisturize every day, especially as you get older. Try to use a product that contains hyaluronic acid and vitamin C. Everyone’s skin is different, so ask a dermatologist to see what might work for you.
- Change up your diet: Besides getting more vitamin C, look for foods that are rich in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. They may help to protect against skin damage and premature aging. Some foods high in antioxidants include avocados, salmon and leafy greens.
Facial exercises for wrinkles
If you’re looking for less invasive or costly ways to prevent wrinkles, you may want to consider facial exercises. Face yoga can be a powerful tool to smooth out lines on the face, as it firms the muscles that naturally soften with age. Below are some techniques for facial exercises that may help you see the results you’re after.
Smooth the Forehead
Begin this exercise by placing both of your hands on your forehead facing inwards. Spread the fingers out between your eyebrows and hairline.
Sweep your fingers out across your forehead and apply some light pressure to tighten the skin. Take a short break and then repeat this process about 10 times.
The Eyebrow Lifter
This exercise focuses on smoothing out the area between your eyebrows and keeping your brows lifted. Start by pressing three fingertips beneath each of your eyebrows and stretch your eyes open.
Next, give a big smile while frowning your eyebrows. The brow muscles should start to push down against your fingertips. Then, shut your eyes tightly and roll your eyes to the top of your head and hold for 20 seconds. Repeat this exercise at least twice.
Start by pressing both middle fingers together at the inner corners of your eyebrows. With your index fingers, apply some pressure to the outer corners of your brows, then look up to the ceiling. Lift the skin below the eyes upward into a squint.
You can then relax and repeat the technique six times. Finish the routine by closing your eyes for 10 seconds.
The most important part of preventing and reducing wrinkles is patience. Unless you’re opting for fillers or Botox, your wrinkles won’t disappear overnight. It’s important that you maintain regularity in your anti-aging approach to see results in the long run.
To continue on your journey toward a more youthful appearance, visit Jawzrsize and see how its unique products may be able to help you.